Thursday, July 26, 2012

All Aboard for Common Core!

I'm sure you're all gearing up for Common Core, much like my school in Kansas. I have a wonderful math website for you to check out! You can find ideas, lessons, and resources by grade level and domain (ex: Measurement and Data). Click here to view the website. For those of you that might not be familiar with the Math Common Core, here's a little way to help keep those darn domains, clusters, and standards straight.

Grade: 2
Content Area: Math

Domain: Measurement and Data  (think of this as the heading or topic)

Cluster: Work With Time and Money (sub-topic)

Standard: Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and cent sign appropriately  (think of this as all of the "files" for working with time and money)

I went through and created new folders for each topic. For example, I teach 3rd grade, so I typed a folder for every Operations and Algebraic Thinking topic (3.OA1, 3.OA2, etc...) and all other domains. That way, I can easily slip lessons that I create into those folders and they are nice and organized. Use or lose, but that's how I chose to organize it on my computer.

1 comment:

  1. ummmm i loved this website- i even bought some e-books from it. I am soo glad you posted this! Thanks so much girl- I got soo many resources off of it! :)

    ReplyDelete