Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer Fun (and our Countdown, of Course!)


My students were dreaming of summer as they created their very own set of sunglasses complete with a picture of summer on each lens. It was fun to see what my kiddos put together after I laid out various colors of construction paper. We had sunglasses of all sorts of shapes and sizes when it was all said and done, but they really enjoyed this! For early finishers, I had my students create block letters for "Visions of Summer," color them (you can't see it here, but there are scenes of summer on the letters as well!), and cut them out.

Countdown Catch-Up:
7 Days Until Summer brought us two very special mystery readers (my mom and dad), who read a story to my class.

Today was the 6th day on our countdown :) My students had field day during the afternoon, but at the very beginning of the day we popped our balloon and read it aloud: Not only is is Field Day, but you also get to pick your seat for the day! You have three minutes to get situated! It was interesting to see the arrangement that they came up with: two extremely long rows of desks, facing each other, along with two other small groups of three students' desks. They loved it and it was a nice way for them to pick their seat, which worked out well for me since they really only sat their for three and a half hours anyway;)

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I'm sure there was MAD scrambling occurring in that short 3 minutes!

    ReplyDelete