Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Names Again?!!

We're getting new names again in class... but instead of multiplication facts, my students are receiving a prefix or suffix as their name for the day! This is a great way to practice and reinforce the definition that goes with each prefix or suffix. I placed cards inside a plastic nametag and hooked them to a lanyard for students to wear around their necks. For the entire day, everybody in my class (including me!) has to call a friend by their prefix/suffix name. For example, "Pre- means before...I have a question for you." Anyone who accidentally calls someone by their real name has to state the prefix/suffix 3 times out loud. This also gives me the chance to have students give an example of a word that goes with their given prefix/suffix. They love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment